Bread Baking Day (BBD) #32 is hosted right here at Family & Food for the month of July.
It’s summertime, vacation time and Germans LOVE to travel. As everyone may know (or maybe not), the Germans’ favorite holiday destination is Italy. Or is it Spain? Or France? I really have no idea, but I’m pretty sure Italy is among the top 5. So I thought it would be a cool idea to have everybody bake Italian bread. OK, so here you go: this month’s Bread Baking Day theme is: Italian Breads.
Bread Baking Day was created by Zorra of 1x umrühren bitte. Read more about Bread Baking Day and access the previous roundups on her blog. Bread Baking Day #31 also was hosted by Zorra for the BBD’s 3rd anniversary. Check out all of the beautiful breads with nuts in the BBD #32 roundup. Thanks, Zorra, for hosting a great event last month!
Italians have developed a wide range of breads over the centuries – I’ve read there were over 350 bread types. So it should be quite easy for you to find something that tickles your fancy. Just to name a few – there is: Ciabatta, Casatiello, Pugliese, Pizza, Focaccia, Crostata, Grissini, Piadina, Pane, Panini, Pandoro, or Panettone. And to make it even easier for you – you can even choose a bread that is not typically Italian but uses typical Italian ingredients, like certain cheeses (e.g. Mozzarella, Ricotta, Parmigiano Reggiano, Pecorino Romano, Provolone, Asiago, Mascarpone, …) or herbs (e.g. basil, oregano, rosemary, sage, thyme, …). The possibilities are endless!
If you’re interested in one of the breads pictured above, click on the image and you’ll be directed to my list of BBA Challenge breads which contains all of the breads above.
How to participate in BBD #32?
- Bake an Italian bread from today until August 1.
- Post about it on your blog with a link back to this post.
- Your post can be written in English or German. Or you provide me with a short description if it’s written in some other language. I do have basic knowledge of Spanish, French, Russian, and Italian (Latin, actually), but I can’t guarantee I’d understand everything.
- Please don’t submit more than 2 entries per blog.
- Once you are done with the post, send me an email at klecks2006(at)yahoo(dot)de with the following details:
- Subject line should read BBD #32
- Your name
- Your location
- The name of the bread and the post URL
- The name of your blog and the URL
- A picture of the bread 200px wide
The deadline is August 1. Feel free to promote this on your blog. Use the logo if you wish to and let the entries come in as soon as possible. Happy Baking!